ABT 1756 - Richmond, VA
BEF 10 AUG 1807 - Richmond, VA
Epaphroditus "Eppa" SydnorEpaphroditus Sydnor >> John Sydnor >> Nancy Sydnor >> Fairfax Lewis >> Orah Lewis >> Marvin George >> Maida George
2nd Lieutenant, Richmond County Militia during the Revolution & Vestryman of North Farnham Parish.
Eppa served as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Richmond County Militia during the Revolutionary War under the command of his half-brother Robert Sydnor. He was recorded on the muster roll for November 3rd, 1777. Eppa married Milly Ball before February 5th, 1784. In 1790 he served as a vestryman for North Farnham Parish.
Eppa died before August 10th, 1807 when his father wrote a will. John Sydnor gave land, six slaves and furniture to Milly Sydnor and her son John. He mentioned that as security for Eppa Sydnor, should any debt arise in the settlement of that estate that slaves should be sold to pay the debt.
- Richmond County Wills & Inventories Vol. 9. Pg. 337 & 350.
- Thompson, Sydnor "Sydnor of Virginia" Northern Neck of Virginia Historical Magazine. 20.1 (1970). Print.
- Thompson, Sydnor. The Sydnor Family Saga: The English Forebears and American Descendants of Fortunatus Sydnor (ca. 1640-Ca. 1682), the Immigrant. Charlotte, N.C: S. Thompson, Jr, 2000. Print.
- Virginia, Marriages of the Northern Neck of Virginia, 1649-1800
- Richmond County Virginia, A Review Commemorating the Bicentennial, Elizabeth Lowell Ryland, 1976. Pg. 442.
- Wright, F. Edward. Richmond County, Virginia: Marriage References and Family Relationships 1692-1800. Colonial Roots, 2015. pg. 264.
- John Sydnor
- Frances Mitchell
Spouse & Children:
- John Sydnor
- Frances Sydnor
- Richard Sydnor
- Samuel Sydnor
- Thomas Sydnor
- Mary Sydnor