ABT 1760 - Richmond, VA
BEF 5 NOV 1810 - Richmond, VA
Milly BallMilly Ball >> John Sydnor >> Nancy Sydnor >> Fairfax Lewis >> Orah Lewis >> Marvin George >> Maida George
Milly married Epaphroditus Sydnor before 1784. Milly Sydnor and her sister Elizabeth Ball were named as daughters of Williamson Ball in the will of their maternal grandfather William Glascock. His will was written in February 5th, 1784 and proven in March of 1785. Milly and Eppa had at least five children together. Eppa served as a vestryman for North Farnham Parish in 1790. Eppa Sydnor predeceased his father. In his will, written August 10th, 1807, John Sydnor left land, slaves and furniture to his daughter-in-law Milly Sydnor and grandson John Sydnor. Milly appears not to have remarried and died soon after. Her noncupative will was proven November 5th, 1810 in Richmond County Court.
Elizabeth Downman testified that she and her son William were called to the death bed of Milly Sydnor and told that she wanted a written will but had been unable to get it done and that Milly had asked her to remember her wishes. Milly gave to her daughter Elizabeth the bed and furniture willed to her by her father-in-law which she had never received. She gave her daughter Milly a bed and furniture plus a cow and calf. She gave her daughter Judith her bed curtain, bedstand and furniture, and chest of drawers plus two cows and a calf. She gave her granddaughter Milly Ball Downman a bed "tho the bed is not worth giving, yet the feathers is worth something." She also left, "to my -- little William, I give him my arm chair in remembrance of me, it was his grandfather Williamson Ball's.
- Richmond County Wills & Inventories Vol. 9. Pg. 337 & 350.
- Thompson, Sydnor "Sydnor of Virginia" Northern Neck of Virginia Historical Magazine. 20.1 (1970). Print.
- Thompson, Sydnor. The Sydnor Family Saga: The English Forebears and American Descendants of Fortunatus Sydnor (ca. 1640-Ca. 1682), the Immigrant. Charlotte, N.C: S. Thompson, Jr, 2000. Print.
- Virginia, Marriages of the Northern Neck of Virginia, 1649-1800
- Wright, F. Edward. Richmond County, Virginia: Marriage References and Family Relationships 1692-1800. Colonial Roots, 2015. pg. 10 & 264.
- Richmond County Will Book 7. William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine, Volume 17. William & Mary College. 1909. Google Books. https://books.google.com/books?id=1O8xAQAAMAAJ&lpg=PA195&ots=ntxc-tVjT7&dq=milly%20ball%20sydnor&pg=PA195#v=onepage&q&f=false. Accessed 17 January 2020.