Before 11 DEC 1809 - Northumberland, VA
John HaleJohn Hale >> Moses Hale >> Moses Hale >> Zepporah Hale >> Orah Lewis >> Marvin George >> Maida George
John was recorded as the head of family in Northumberland in 1782. According to the Register of St. Stephen's Parish in Northumberland, John and Ruth had seven children.
John wrote his will April 13th, 1803 but it was not recorded until December 11th, 1809. He left his entire estate to Ruth and after her death directed that his son Benjamin receive 55 acres and sons John and James receive land formerly belonging to the Whites and Reeses to be equally divided. He left Moses 20 pounds cash and a mare called Diamond. Daughter Ann received household items including furniture. The other two children mentioned in the Parish Register are not listed in the will and either were entered incorrectly or died at a young age. John signed his will by making a mark.
- Virginia, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1607-1890
- Virginia, Marriages of the Northern Neck of Virginia, 1649-1800
- Northumberland County, Virginia: Marriage References and Family Relationships 1645-1800, F. Wright - Colonial Roots - 2016. pg. 142.
- Virginia Will and Probate Records
- Northumberland Record Book 18, pg 261
- "Northumberland, Virginia, United States Records," images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99P6-RLH3 : February 20, 2021), image 297 of 572; Virginia. County Court (Northumberland County).