30 SEP 1749 - North Farnham, Richmond, VA
BEF 6 NOV 1815 - Richmond, VA
Jonathan BryantJonathan Bryant >> Jesse Bryant >> Reuben Bryant >> Columbus Bryant >> Louise Bryant >> Ralph Dameron >> Mark Dameron
Jonathan Bryant married sometime prior to 1773 to a woman named Elizabeth. In January of 1773 they were recorded as having a son, Jesse, born in Northumberland County. In 1783 Jonathan Bryant was on the tax list in Richmond County and shown as living at Totuskey Fork.
Jonathan wrote his will on October 12th, 1815 in Richmond County. He does not mention a wife in his will, he also does not mention any real estate. He left many possessions including a bed and furniture to son Lewis D. Bryant. He left one dollar each to son Jesse, son Reuben and daughter Judith. Jonathan left items including a cow and calf to son John Bryant. He left Thomas Hale one dollar also, Hale may have been the widow of one of Jonathan's daughters. Anything remaining in the estate after the payment of debts was to be divided between Lewis D. and John. Jonathan was unable to write his name and signed his will by marking a X. The will was presented in court on November 6th, 1815.
- Virginia Will and Probate Records
- Virginia, Apprentice Index, 1640-1800
- Virginia, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1607-1890
- Richmond County Order Book #15, 1762-1765, pg 353
- Wright, F. Edward. Richmond County, Virginia: Marriage References and Family Relationships 1692-1800. Colonial Roots, 2015. pg. 36.
- King, George H. S. The Registers of North Farnham Parish, 1663-1814, and Lunenburg Parish, 1783-1800, Richmond County, Virginia. Fredericksburg, Va: G.H.S. King, 1966. Print. pg. 27.
- Fleet, Beverley,. Northumberland Co. record of births, 1661-1810. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1961.