ABT 1771 - VA
Euphamia "Famie" LewisFamie Lewis >> James Barnes >> Susan Barnes >> Eddie Barnes >> Thelma Barnes >> Frances Franklin >> Mark Dameron
Famie married Arthur Barnes in Accomack on February 2nd, 1803. He was the son of John Barnes and Elizabeth Tabitha Jacob. Her brother, William Lewis, provided the security on the marriage license bond. They went on to have as many as five children.
The family appears on the 1810 Accomack census having three sons already born. Arthur and Euphamia are both listed as age 26-44. An additional female aged 16-25 lives with them.
The 1820 census in Accomack County lists the family as containing; three males under 10, two males 10-15, one male 26-44 and one female 26-44. The census form also noted that three members of the family were working in agriculture.
I have not yet located Arthur Barnes' family in the 1830 census.
The 1840 count in Accomack County lists the family as containing; one male 10-14, two males 20-29, one male 60-69, one female 15-19, one female 20-29 and one female 60-69. The form listed four people as being employed in agriculture and two employed "in Navigation of the Ocean." The census also noted that none of the five family members over age 20 could read or write.
Arthur died before October 26th, 1846. On that date a court document from Accomack County shows that Euphamia Barnes was named to settle his estate.
Famie appears on the 1850 census living with her son, Lewis, in Accomack. Her age was given as 79. Lewis worked as a farmer with real estate valued at $1,000. No further records have been found for Famie.
- "Accomack, Virginia, United States Records," images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9ZG-WS1K : April 27, 2022), image 135 of 774; Accomack County (Virginia). County Clerk. (1803 Marriage - Accomack Marriage Bonds, 1798-1832, Loose Papers.)
- Year: 1810; Census Place: Accomack, Accomack, Virginia; Roll: 66; Image: 00087; Family History Library Film: 0181426
- 1820 U S Census; Census Place: Accomac, Accomack, Virginia; Page: 19; NARA Roll: M33_129; Image: 31
- Year: 1840; Census Place: Accomack, Virginia; Page: 3
- Barry W. Miles & Moody K. Miles III, Accomack Co, VA, Wills & Administrations, 1800-1860, p. 2
- Year: 1850; Census Place: Accomack, Accomack, Virginia; Roll: M432_932; Page: 56A; Image: 117
- Spencer Lewis
- Mary Willett
Spouse & Children:
- Thomas Lewis
- Spencer Lewis
- John Lewis
- Tabitha Lewis
- Elizabeth Lewis
- Ambrose Lewis