4 FEB 1681 - Lancaster, VA
AFT 1718 - Essex, VA
Elizabeth Ann CarterElizabeth Carter >> William George >> Martin George >> William George >> Michael George >> Zamoth George >> Luther George >> Gordon George >> Marvin George >> Maida George
Elizabeth married William George on June 15th, 1698. This date too was recorded in Thomas Carter's prayer book. When Thomas died in 1700 his will stated that Elizabeth had been provided for by her grandfather Dale along her sister and the youngest sons. The will went on talk about William George, "whereas my son in Law hath Received fifteen hundred and sixty pounds of Tobacco in part of the estate his Grandfather in Law Edward Dale gave his wife I having no Receipt for it and if the said William George will not be accountable for it then it is my will that he shall have no part of my said estate but only one shilling sterling in full part of his wife portion."
William died before February 6th, 1709 without a written will. A nuncupative will was recorded leaving the estate to Elizabeth to bring up the children. Witnesses to this oral will were Elinour George and Benjamin Doggett. Elizabeth remarried to Robert Marshall. In 1717 a small inventory of livestock was recorded as belonging to the estate of William George. The total value was 32 pounds. These are the last known records for Elizabeth.
Elizabeth likely moved to Essex County with Robert Marshall. He died about 1728 and her date of death is unknown.
- Lancaster County Will Will Book 10, Page 17.
- Lancaster County Will Will Book 10, Page 242.
- "Lancaster, Virginia, United States Records," images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C9PF-CSKB-Y : November 1, 2020), image 116 of 676; Virginia. County Court (Lancaster County).
- "Lancaster, Virginia, United States Records," images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C9PF-CS2Z-7 : March 21, 2021), image 353 of 676; Virginia. County Court (Lancaster County).
- Wright, F E. Lancaster County, Virginia Marriage References and Family Relationships. , 2015. Print. Pg. 80.
Spouse & Children:
- Edward Carter
- Thomas Carter
- John Carter
- Henry Skipwith Carter
- Diana Carter
- William Carter
- Nicholas Carter
- Daniel Carter
- James Carter
- Catherine Carter
- Peter Carter
- Joseph Carter